Friday, February 8, 2008

Yet more ...

Today the ‘official’ translation arrived. Well, different interpretations. I have typed it into the beginning of the book; I will add a scan of the signature and leave the readers to make up their own minds. Another letter arrived from Yorkshire, still no information on a grave. I am beginning to think he lies in unconsecrated ground. It would make sense of the statement I received via another medium, that he does not like where he is buried. If it is unconsecrated, then he would be unhappy. I will have to work on this one, somehow. I have an idea or two…
Talkback friends (Writers News Forum) continue to be supportive and helpful. I wonder how I managed before such an invention came into my (writing) life.
The letter in the Yorkshire Post and Yorkshire Evening Post (identical) has produced more results. No grave but loads of helpful information and friendly people, can I ask for more? There is definitely no grave, they were thrown into a common grave and no monument was ever erected. Job for me later.

Bank Holiday Weekend.
Too many scooters here to go out on the roads, so I spent the afternoon surfing. British History Online, great help for the land holdings for the Woodvilles, lots of information downloaded, printed and stored. More work done on the duel, almost there, almost at the point of actually fighting. The preliminaries! Nowhere does it say what Lady Scales thought about her husband risking life, limb and expensive armour to fight someone for the sake of knightly valour and honour!

30th August. Books and more books being bought, the reading load gets heavier, as do the expenses. But … the heaviest and most expensive book I bought today will do duty for the other books I want to write on the Yorks, so I do not begrudge the cost. It’s all tax deductible anyway, as long as I keep a record of what I buy.

No comments: